(Photo courtesy: Fresno Police Department)
(KMJ) – A joint operation by Fresno Police and the Drug Enforcement Agency leads to a major seizure in Southeast Fresno.
Thanks to information developed by Multi-Area Gang Enforcement Consortium (MAGEC) detectives, Police and DEA agents were able to identify a location within the city where drugs and weapons were being stored.
Monday, March 1st, they served a search warrant on the home near Chestnut and Butler after the suspect, 31-year-old Fausto Pina (pictured below) was arrested following a traffic enforcement stop.
Inside the home, officers found and seized:
- Approximately 86 pounds of methamphetamine
- Approximately 1 kilo of cocaine
- Approximately 1 pound of black tar heroin
- .38 special revolver (unregistered)
- Remington 700 / 30-06 rifle with scope (unregistered)
- AR-15 assault rifle “Ghost Gun”
- Over 200 rounds of live ammunition
- Over $23,000 in cash (seized as asset forfeiture)
- One vehicle (seized under asset forfeiture)