More than 70% of voters think the country is on the wrong track and that the next four years will remain politically divided — while a majority are pessimistic about America’s future, a new poll showed.
The NBC News poll released a day before the Wednesday inauguration of Joe Biden paints a bleak picture of a worried nation.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 73% say the country is on the wrong track.
- 73% say the United States will remain divided in the next four years.
- 53% say they’re worried and pessimistic about the nation’s future — the first time that response has been given to the question since 1998.
The poll also showed voters find Biden likable and ethical, but didn’t give him high marks on the economy or for sharing their positions on the issues.
- 39% gave Biden a “4” or “5” on a five-point scaled on the economy; 38% gave him those high marks on sharing their positions on the issues.
- 55% of voters give Biden a “4” or “5” on a five-point scale of being knowledgeable and experienced enough to handle the presidency, and 53% as being easygoing and likable.
- 47% gave Biden high marks for having the ability to handle a crisis, and 45% give him high marks for having high personal and ethical standards.
The poll’s margin of error is plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.