[van id=”entertainment/2017/10/10/hollywood-stars-harvey-weinstein-firing-sexual-harassment-es.cnn”]
(AP) Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and other actresses have come forward with their own stories of sexual harassment by Harvey Weinstein.
In a follow-up to its earlier expose, The New York Times on Tuesday reported that many other actresses have in recent days added to the chorus of accusations surrounding Weinstein. Paltrow described his attempt to lure her, as a then young aspiring actress, into giving him a massage in a hotel room. The incident prompted her then-boyfriend Brad Pitt to confront Weinstein at a film premiere.
Angelina Jolie also told the paper that she has “a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth.” Since, she said, she has refused to work with him and “warn others when they did.”
It was the second new development of allegations against Weinstein on Tuesday. Earlier, The New Yorker published a piece detailing, among other things, in which three women accuse Weinstein of raping them.
Representatives for Weinstein have not responded to messages Tuesday. The New Yorker quoted Weinstein representative Sallie Hofmeister responding that “any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
Ben Affleck, a longtime collaborator of Harvey Weinstein, has tweeted a condemnation of the fallen movie mogul.
Affleck got his big break in Hollywood as a writer and actor in “Good Will Hunting,” which was produced by Weinstein’s former company Miramax Films. In a statement posted to Twitter, Affleck said he was sickened by the news.
Affleck writes, “I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades. The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick.”
Earlier Tuesday, the New Yorker published an article that included allegations that Weinstein raped three women.
Affleck calls Weinstein’s behavior “completely unacceptable” and says he’s trying to figure out what he can do to prevent this from happening to others. He also says Hollywood needs to do a better job of protecting women.
The New Yorker is reporting that Harvey Weinstein has previously raped three women, significantly intensifying the scandal surrounding the disgraced movie mogul. A representative for Weinstein vehemently denied the allegations in a statement to the magazine.
The expose, published Tuesday, detailed allegations not just of sexual harassment but of three incidents involving rape. Actress Asia Argento and a former aspiring actress named Lucia Evans went on the record to allege Weinstein forced himself on them sexually. A third woman spoke anonymously.
Attorneys for Weinstein did not immediately return messages Tuesday. The New Yorker quoted Weinstein representative Sallie Hofmeister responding that “any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
The article also cited a 2015 audio recording made by the New York Police department wherein Weinstein admits to groping a model named Ambra Battilana Guiterrez.




